Our goal is to provide a service that allows you to store your files online as well as to share your files with other people. We respect the ownership of the files, and the content they contain, that user's upload and each user is responsible for the content of the files that he or she uploads and shares. Because of these principles, we do not actively monitor user’s files and will not censor user files, except in limited circumstances described below.
In order to provide the Files.com service and the ability to upload, store and share files with others, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be uploaded and published on Files.com. These limitations comply with legal requirements and make Files.com a better experience for all. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Please check back here to see the latest.
* Piracy: You may not upload, distribute or store files that include any form or pirated, or illegally obtained content. Including, but not limited to, pirated software (“warez”), pirated music, pirated movies and videos.
* Privacy: You may not upload, distribute or store files with other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
* Violence, Hate, Racism and Threats: You may not upload, distribute or store files that contain direct, or specific threats of violence or terror against others, or that glorifies or endorses racism, religious intolerance or other forms of offensive material.
* Malware: You may not upload, distribute or store files that contain malicious content, for example spyware, viruses, Trojans, that are intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser, computer or to compromise a user’s privacy.
* Pornography: You may not upload, distribute or store files that contain obscene or pornographic material that is considered illegal in the United States, Australia or your local jurisdiction (?). You may not upload any offensive or pornographic images, or images containing nudity, using the "Public Uploader" and make them available for Public browsing.
* Spam: You may not use the service for the purpose of spamming anyone.
* Unlawful Use: You may not use the service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
* Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service.
Files.com reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its sole judgment, you violate or attempt to circumvent any of these Rules or the Terms of Service.
Effective: November 1, 2010