Now Hiring: Customer Support Engineer For Files.com, an Enterprise Secure Cloud Storage and Automation Service
Location: Work From Your Home on a Remote-First Team at a Hybrid Remote Company
Starting Salary for a Customer Support Engineer at Files.com is $100,000 per year. We offer raises and equity as you grow in the organization.
In-House Training: We will teach you everything you need to know about the Files.com platform to be an effective Customer Support Engineer. And you'll earn your full rate of pay for all training time.
Amazing Team and Peer Support: Our Customer Support team is one of the most tight-knit groups at the company. Everyone enjoys working together on Zoom every day.
Big Company Benefits: You'll get full 🏥 Health/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage (plus 75% of Spouse/Family coverage too), 💰 401(k) with generous matching, 🎄 11 Company Holidays per year, and 🏖 20 PTO/Vacation days.
Brand New Laptop and $1,000: Upon signing, we'll send you a brand new 💻 Apple laptop as well as $1,000 to outfit the rest of your home office with things like a monitor, webcam, keyboard, and mouse.
The Files.com Customer Support team is 100% remote. However, we travel for regular in-person meetings with the team and the entire company to meet and work together face to face. These meetings are in cities around the US, including Scottsdale, Austin, Orlando, New Orleans, San Diego, Las Vegas, and New York City.
In-person events combine work and fun and are designed to make up for the in-person interaction that occurs in an office job.
We are very excited that COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we have fully resumed company travel. 🎉
Files.com is an enterprise secure file transfer & automation app with over 6,000 paying business customers, including Target, Canonical, UPS, Leica, DirecTV, GoPro, Marriott, and more.
Files.com was bootstrapped by our founder and has been profitable since its founding in 2010. We recently raised $46.5 million of growth equity from Silicon Valley-based Riverwood Capital to accelerate our growth.
- Responding to customer-initiated interactions such as phone calls and emails (one-on-one communication).
- Identifying software bugs and feature requests, and coordinating with the relevant team for handling.
- Providing after-hours emergency support assistance to customers on a rotating basis with other customer support team members.
- Taking a high-touch approach to support, encouraging frequent interaction with customers and working with them to a full resolution of any issues.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have real world experience deploying those skills.
- You bring a top-notch customer demeanor, including patience, understanding, and empathy.
- You can learn a process and then add to that process. For example, you can learn to use our knowledge base and playbook articles, and then contribute to make them better.
- You are known for being smart and getting things done. When you take on a project, your team knows you will handle it effectively and efficiently.
- You have a general understanding of a SaaS environment, including some experience (not necessarily expertise) with several of the following technologies: web applications, networking, internet communication protocols, APIs and/or programming languages, file integration tools and platforms (e.g., AWS, SharePoint, Zapier), and single sign-on tools (e.g., LDAP, Azure AD, Okta)
A CULTURE OF BUILDING THINGS
As a Hybrid-Remote company, we offer many positions as full-time remote (Work From Home), but Sales and Marketing positions are in-office.
“That's the culture here. Everybody builds things.”— Martyn Garcia, Engineer at Files.com
OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
We want you and your family to live longer, healthier, and happier lives. Providing our employees with top-tier benefits leads to improved productivity, long-term retention, and better decision making, so that's what we do.
High Starting Salaries
As a successful, profitable business that believes in over-investing in our team, we choose to offer industry-leading base salaries for all positions.
We reward our high performers for one simple reason: they've earned it.
Equity Option Grants
As a private equity-backed business, we expect to have a major exit event within the next 5 years. We have set aside a substantial pool of equity options to grant to our employees so they are able to share in the value created.
401(k) With Generous Employer Match
Most employer-sponsored 401(k) plans crush you with fees. Our plan features extremely low-fee ETFs, ensuring that you actually keep the money that you save for retirement. Plus, we will match your contributions up to 4% of your salary to encourage you to invest for your retirement.
New Hires receive a $1,000 starting bonus. No strings attached.
Company-Issued MacBook Pro
You will receive a fully loaded MacBook Pro, reducing time wasted setting up individual rigs.
Option to participate in an employee paid legal plan to gain access to a network of attorneys who assist with basic legal needs including wills, trusts, contracts, tickets, and documents.
Employee Assistance Program
We provide a confidential and no cost avenue for you to receive 24/7 assistance with issues regarding behavioral and emotional health, family, legal, financial, wellness or other personal matters. You will have access to a certified clinician who can help you one-on-one or refer you to someone in your area for longer-term help.
“It's really about being able to work with really smart people on really interesting problems and feeling like you're actually contributing to something big.”— Gabe Purrenhage, Infrastructure Lead at Files.com
“There's a lot of focus on building interpersonal relationships with each other.”— Daniel Moomey, Account Executive at Files.com
“I get to do the technical work that I want to do and I get to work with brilliant people.”— Dale Busse, Engineer at Files.com
“I feel like my ideas are valued.”— Long Dao, Engineer at Files.com