- A New Look for Files.com
- New Integrated Editor for Office Documents
- Announcing Snapshot Share Links
- Akamai Linode integration with Files.com
- Cloudflare integration with Files.com
- Files.com's Response to the Security Incident in Competing Software Product MOVEit
- Removal of CBC cipher suites from the default list
- Announcing Boomi Partner Connector
- FIDO U2F SSH/SFTP Keys Now Supported For SFTP Authentication
- Ensuring Accessibility: How Files.com Meets WCAG Standards
This is a quick update that applies to certain legacy customers on old plans that are no longer offered.
BrickFTP used to offer pricing plans with an unlimited bandwidth feature. This feature applied to some sites with specific usage patterns. We removed this feature from our pricing plans last year because the rules were complex and difficult to explain to our customers.
Instead we now combine monthly bandwidth usage and monthly storage usage into a single usage number called "Usage" and we apply a single usage quota to that usage number.
If a site has more usage than their quota, we charge a low flat rate of $0.10/GB for additional usage. This revenue allows us to provision more server-side resources to support the increased usage.
This new method has proven to work well, and in an effort to simplify our operations, we are going to apply this method to all accounts beginning July 1. Any Unlimited Bandwidth features on older plans will be disabled at that time.
BrickFTP's included usage quotas are incredibly generous, so this change will impact less than 2% of our customers.
We will reach out to the impacted customers directly via email.
If you have any questions about this policy change, please contact us.
Get Instant Access to Files.com
The button below will take you to our Free Trial signup page. Click on the white "Start My Free Trial" button, then fill out the short form on the next page. Your account will be activated instantly. You can dive in and start yourself or let us help. The choice is yours.Start My Free Trial