A clickwrap or clickthrough agreement is a digital prompt that offers individuals the opportunity to accept or decline a digitally-mediated policy.
Visitors to your site must click to agree with your policy prior to accessing your site.
Clickwraps can be associated with Share Links, Inboxes, and the user registration process.
A clickwrap can be used to require visitors to accept a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), Terms of Service (ToS), or other policy.
You can configure multiple clickwraps for use in different areas of your Site.
- Navigate to Settings > Users > User Settings > Clickwraps or Sharing > Settings > Clickwraps and click the Add new Clickwrap button.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the Clickwrap. This is for your own reference.
- In the Body field, enter the verbiage or wording of your policy. You may use Markdown for text formatting. HTML tags are not allowed for security reasons.
- Under Availability, you can specify how this Clickwrap will be used. For example, for user registrations, Share Links or Inboxes.
- Click the Save button to create your Clickwrap. The Clickwrap will now be available for use.
You can also create Clickwraps when creating or editing Share Links and Inboxes. Navigate to the Settings sub-tab, Clickwrap section, to select an existing Clickwrap or use the Add Clickwrap link create a new Clickwrap.
The specific Clickwrap text that a visitor agreed to when accessing a Share Link or Inbox can be viewed at Sharing > Share Links > Registrations or Sharing > Inboxes > Registrations. Click the "eye" icon in the Clickwrap column to view the verbiage or wording of the policy that was agreed to.
Get Instant Access to Files.com
The button below will take you to our Free Trial signup page. Click on the white "Start My Free Trial" button, then fill out the short form on the next page. Your account will be activated instantly. You can dive in and start yourself or let us help. The choice is yours.Start My Free Trial