- Share Links Are More Powerful and Flexible Than Ever
- Upload files via email with Files.com
- Azure Files Integration Now Available on Files.com
- AS2 Now Available on Files.com
- Files.com Announces Acquisition of ExaVault
- Files.com Earns Spot on G2’s 2022 Best Software Awards for IT Infrastructure Products
- Files.com Rated a Leader in Multiple Winter 2021 G2 Categories for File Transfer
- Files.com Secures $46.5 Million Growth Investment from Riverwood Capital To Accelerate Growth of its Secure Workflow and Automation Platform for Files
- Files.com is pleased to announce SOC 2 Type 1 Certification
- Files.com’s Response to the Novel Coronavirus
Brand new and in BETA
We are pleased to announce the BETA stage of our brand new Files.com desktop app. This new app replaces our previous sync app which was deprecated last year.
Two new sync modes
Our new app brings improved functionality and configuration options to you. It features two sync modes: Online mode intended for users who only work with their files while connected to their Files.com site, and Smart Synchronization mode for those who tend to work both while connected and when offline or in airplane mode. Not only that, you can take smart mode to granular levels by specifying on a file by file and folder by folder basis which mode each uses to sync. This means you can:
- always have the most current version of the specific files you need to work with, whether you are online or offline
- efficiently manage your local storage while staying current with what is stored on your Files.com site
- toggle files and folders back and forth between modes as you need
Quick scan file status
The app also features status icons for files and folders, allowing you to quickly see whether each item is updated locally, stored only in the cloud, designated to sync, in progress, and other status conditions too. Context menus allow you to manage each item separately and change its status to what you need.
Multiple user accounts
You can also configure as many Files.com user accounts in the app as you need. Each configured account mounts as its own drive on your desktop and maintains its own folder tree and permissions based on the user you've set up for that connection.
Get started! It's quick and easy!
Try out the new BETA now! Find our detailed instructions and downloadable installation files here.
You'll find the app easy to install and quick to set up. You'll be logged in and syncing files in minutes.
We want to hear from you
As with many of the features and improvements we're adding to the Files.com platform, the desktop app is designed to give you more options, greater capabilities, and better performance.
Please give us your feedback on any aspect of your Files.com Desktop app experience. Let us know how the installation and setup went for you. How clear were the instructions? What could we improve in the documentation? And, how is the app performing for you?
As we move from BETA to production, we will be adding refinements to the experience, and we value your input.
Questions? Need help?
Please let us know how we can help. Technical support or general assistance getting the BETA functioning? Ideas on workflows to leverage the different sync modes? We're here and glad to help. Please contact us by email, chat (in your web interface when logged in), or phone (1-800-286-8372 ex 2).
Get Instant Access to Files.com
The button below will take you to our Free Trial signup page. Click on the white "Start My Free Trial" button, then fill out the short form on the next page. Your account will be activated instantly. You can dive in and start yourself or let us help. The choice is yours.Start My Free Trial