Announcing Multi-Region Storage
- On-premise integration with Files.com
- Share Links Are More Powerful and Flexible Than Ever
- Upload files via email with Files.com
- Azure Files Integration Now Available on Files.com
- AS2 Now Available on Files.com
- Files.com Announces Acquisition of ExaVault
- Files.com Earns Spot on G2’s 2022 Best Software Awards for IT Infrastructure Products
- Files.com Rated a Leader in Multiple Winter 2021 G2 Categories for File Transfer
- Files.com Secures $46.5 Million Growth Investment from Riverwood Capital To Accelerate Growth of its Secure Workflow and Automation Platform for Files
- Files.com is pleased to announce SOC 2 Type 1 Certification
Files.com has servers across the globe and provides the option to configure the geographic region (and by extension, political jurisdiction) where your files will be stored.
- USA, Virginia
- Australia, Sydney
- Canada, Toronto
- EU - UK, London
- EU - Germany, Frankfurt
- Japan, Tokyo
Depending on your use case, the Files.com multi-region storage feature might be implemented for a number of reasons:
- Keeping or restricting files to a specific geographical region in order to comply with legal restrictions like GDPR, HIPAA, company policies, etc.
- Minimizing network latency for heavily used or large files frequently accessed by users residing in a region distant from the default region
- Conserving bandwidth in heavy traffic regions by leveraging the presence of servers in the same or nearby geographical region rather than transferring large files across multiple continents
In order to use more than one region on your account, you must be on an Power plan. Any plan below Power allows for selecting a single geographic region for the root (top-level) folder. That selection will set the region for the entire site. On an Power plan it is possible to configure any folders at any level for up to two geographic regions. The Premier plan has no limitation on how many regions can be used.
Multi-region storage settings are available only at the folder level. Individual files cannot be configured to be served from a different region. Changes to a folder's region will cascade down to its subfolders, provided they were created with the default setting of Inherit from Parent Folder.
Steps for changing the geographic region of a folder:
- Navigate to the folder to be served from a different region.
- Click the gear icon to show the configurable folder attributes.
- Near the top of the list, look for Geographic region for file storage.
- Click anywhere in that row to reveal the options.
- Next to Store files in select a different region from the dropdown list.
- Save the updated geographic region settings for this folder by clicking the Save region settings button.
Our detailed Technical Documentation provides step-by-step instructions and additional information on configuring multi-region storage.
If you have questions or would like to discuss this (or any other) topic, please chat, email, or call us. We love to hear from you, and we are here to help!
Questions? Need help?
Please let us know how we can assist you. We’re here and glad to help. Please contact us by email, chat (in your web interface when logged in), or phone (1-800-286-8372 ext. 2).
Get Instant Access to Files.com
The button below will take you to our Free Trial signup page. Click on the white "Start My Free Trial" button, then fill out the short form on the next page. Your account will be activated instantly. You can dive in and start yourself or let us help. The choice is yours.Start My Free Trial