Files.com offers a Folder Setting (Folder Behavior) that will post notifications to Slack when actions occur in certain folders in your Files.com account.
In order to for Files.com to post to Slack on your behalf, you need to create an Incoming Webhook in your Slack configuration.
- First, create a new Slack app in the workspace where you want to post messages.
- Add Incoming Webhooks to your Slack Workspace.
- Choose a channel where your Incoming Webhook will post messages to and click Add Incoming Webhooks Integration.
- Copy the Webhook URL generated to use in your Files.com Slack Integration.
Now that we have created an incoming Webhook and URL, we can begin intergrating Slack into Files.com.
Within Files.com, type Slack webhooks in the search box at the top of every page and click on the matching result. Click the Click the Add new Slack notification button, then paste the Webhook URL generated in the prior steps in the Slack Notification URL section.
The remaining fields are optional and can be filled out as needed.
- Slack Notification URL: Here, you will paste the webhook URL generated from slack in the steps mentioned above.
- Username to display (Optional): An optional username can be used for the alerts in the Slack channel (e.g FilesAlerts).
- Channel (Optional): Changes the default channel where alerts will be sent to. If you leave this option blank, alerts will go to the channel that was specified during the initial web hook URL creation.
- Emoji Icon (Optional): Allows for an Emoji to be used as the Icon for the Alert Username in Slack.
- Limit to a specific folder (Optional): Notifications can be limited to a specific folder.
- Trigger on all file operations: Will trigger notifications on all file operations.
- Only trigger on specific actions: Such as moves, deletion, updates, etc.
Get Instant Access to Files.com
The button below will take you to our Free Trial signup page. Click on the white "Start My Free Trial" button, then fill out the short form on the next page. Your account will be activated instantly. You can dive in and start yourself or let us help. The choice is yours.Start My Free Trial