- Automation Configuration Changes may be Required
- A New Look for Files.com
- New Integrated Editor for Office Documents
- Announcing Snapshot Share Links
- Akamai Linode integration with Files.com
- Cloudflare integration with Files.com
- Files.com's Response to the Security Incident in Competing Software Product MOVEit
- Removal of CBC cipher suites from the default list
- Announcing Boomi Partner Connector
- FIDO U2F SSH/SFTP Keys Now Supported For SFTP Authentication
The BrickFTP team is excited to announce the launch of a major update to the main Files page of BrickFTP.
This new release has been in the works for over two years and includes many new features and benefits on the Files page of our web application.
New features include:
The new version gives users a much improved experience on Mobile, including better integration with iOS and Android.
Uploads and downloads are considerably improved. You can now use the app and navigate to other folders even while uploading. Uploads also now route to geographically distributed proxy servers, for increased upload speeds. This also solves the "China Firewall" problem for BrickFTP customers with users in China.
Uploads are now immediately visible in the interface, even if you are waiting for other files to upload.
Downloads are faster too. ZIP Downloads now begin instantly, without having to wait for them to build.
A new Folder Settings view provides easier access to folder-specific settings, including Permissions, Notifications, and Webhooks. This improved view allows you to see and edit these things at the same time as viewing folder contents.
We've also rolled out new Folder Settings based on the top-requested features. These include a "Lock Folder Structure" option, automatic GPG (PGP) encryption, and folder-specific webhooks and file expiration.
- New Preview experience with gallery mode allows easy browsing of image/video/audio files.
- Summary permissions view makes it easy to see who can see the contents of any folder.
- Full WCAG AA Compliance now provides better accessibility to people with disabilities.
- More integration of your brand colors throughout the interface.
We will be slowly transitioning customers on our All Inclusive ($249/month) and Enterprise plans to the new version of the Files interface over the next serveral weeks.
While we wish we could upgrade everyone at once, we are still a small company, and we need to make sure that we don't overwhelm our account managers and customer success team. Our goal is to move customers as fast as we possibly can.
Enterprise customers have priority access to this and all new features, so if you are an Enterprise customer, please contact your account manager if you want to be moved to the front of the queue.
Customers who are grandfathered in to older plans may upgrade their account to the newest All Inclusive plan to get immediate access to the new version. Customers who recently upgraded will be moved to the front of the upgrade queue as well.
If you have any questions about this rollout, please get in touch!
Get Instant Access to Files.com
The button below will take you to our Free Trial signup page. Click on the white "Start My Free Trial" button, then fill out the short form on the next page. Your account will be activated instantly. You can dive in and start yourself or let us help. The choice is yours.Start My Free Trial