Upload Files Via E-Mail
Do you want to accept files from your website visitors, clients, partners, vendors in a secured and easiest way possible? Files.com supports accepting files via email attachments. Anyone can send files directly to your folder using their own email client. As a sender, all they have to do is attach files in an email, add an email address in To or Cc or Bcc fields, and click "Send". You will find those attachments as files within your inbox or associated folder. Please visit Inboxes to learn more on how you can generate an inbound email address for your folder or inbox.
Since everyone uses email as a standard communication, there are an unlimited number of use cases your inbound email address can support.
A few examples are listed below:
- As an insurance provider or law office or health care clinic or any organization, you can inform your clients to submit their claims or any sensitive documents through email (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org). Apply a forward rule in your email server to forward all emails to Files.com's inbound email address.
- Your scanners, multi-functional devices, CCTV, x-ray machines or any scan to email or store data through email capable devices can directly store the content in Files.com folder securely. Folder Admins can share the received content or even create a workflow or integration with notification services.
- If you add your inbound email address to the carbon copy (Cc) field in an email message, recipients of that email can use Reply All to upload the attachments to your folder directly.
- You can keep the inbound email address in any email trail chain to collect the attachments to your folder automatically.
- If you want to backup or store or share all attachments in your organization's emails, configure your email server to forward all emails with attachments to the inbound email address. You can also kick start an automation to start a workflow when you received a file via email.
- You can mention the inbound email address in your email signature to collect data from your partners, vendors, and visitors who don’t have files.com account.
- You can publish an inbound email address in your public website or intranet portal to collect documents from your visitors.
- You can configure your applications such as CRM or ERP or HRMS to send emails with attachments directly to your Files.com folder.
Please visit Inboxes to learn more on how you can generate an inbound email address for your folder or inbox.
Get Instant Access to Files.com
The button below will take you to our Free Trial signup page. Click on the white "Start My Free Trial" button, then fill out the short form on the next page. Your account will be activated instantly. You can dive in and start yourself or let us help. The choice is yours.Start My Free Trial