- A New Look for Files.com
- New Integrated Editor for Office Documents
- Announcing Snapshot Share Links
- Akamai Linode integration with Files.com
- Cloudflare integration with Files.com
- Files.com's Response to the Security Incident in Competing Software Product MOVEit
- Removal of CBC cipher suites from the default list
- Announcing Boomi Partner Connector
- FIDO U2F SSH/SFTP Keys Now Supported For SFTP Authentication
- Ensuring Accessibility: How Files.com Meets WCAG Standards
There’s a new option available for viewing and editing Office documents within your Files.com site. Files.com now offers a native viewing, editing and co-authoring experience in addition to the Microsoft Office integration. Using the new Files.com editor, you can edit more types of office files and handle larger files than with Microsoft Office 365. Because the new editor is fully managed by Files.com, your files stay within our secure SaaS infrastructure for editing. The new editor is available for all Files.com sites now.
The integrated Files.com editor provides an improved editing experience compared to Microsoft Office 365. Some features which required desktop applications, such as mail merge, importing CSV documents into spreadsheets, or adding watermarks to documents are directly supported by the Files.com editor. The Files.com integrated editor provides high-fidelity rendering of Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents with advanced styling and formatting, advanced spreadsheet tasks, and transitions and presenter mode for presentations within your browser. Co-authoring is smoother with great commenting, reviewing changes and co-editing features available. You can edit a wider variety of business file formats right in the browser using the Files.com integrated editor. All of this is ready for your site without needing Microsoft Office 365.
This is more secure and keeps your files within the SOC-compliant Files.com infrastructure.
The Files.com editor supports the same file formats that you can edit now with Microsoft Office 365:
- Spreadsheets: .xls, .xlsx, .xlsb, .ods
- Presentations: .pptx, .ppsx, .ppt, .pps, .odp
- Documents: .doc, .docx, .odt
The Files.com editor also supports file formats that can’t be edited with Micosoft Office 365, including:
- OpenDocument Document Template: .ott
- Rich Text Format: .rtf
- Text files: .txt
- XML: .xml
The Files.com editor allows you to edit larger files than the Microsoft Office Online integration does.
- For Office documents (.doc, .docx, .odt file extensions), the maximum file size is increased from the 100MB supported by Microsoft Office 365 to 950MB.
- Spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx, .ods file extensions) maximum file size is increased from 300MB to 950MB.
- Presentations (.ppt, .pptx, .odp files) maximum file size is increased from 25MB to 150MB.
The new Files.com editor is available right now, and it will be automatically selected as the default option for all sites. To check out the new editor now, log in as a site administrator, then head to Settings > Integrations > Others and set your Online Editor Integration to Files.com editor. If you prefer using Office 365 as the viewer and editor, go to that same setting in Settings > Integrations > Others and change your Online Editor Integration type; you can revert to Microsoft Office 365 or disable online editing altogether.
Is there another office suite you wish was available with your Files.com site? Let us know about it!
Get Instant Access to Files.com
The button below will take you to our Free Trial signup page. Click on the white "Start My Free Trial" button, then fill out the short form on the next page. Your account will be activated instantly. You can dive in and start yourself or let us help. The choice is yours.Start My Free Trial