- A New Look for Files.com
- New Integrated Editor for Office Documents
- Announcing Snapshot Share Links
- Akamai Linode integration with Files.com
- Cloudflare integration with Files.com
- Files.com's Response to the Security Incident in Competing Software Product MOVEit
- Removal of CBC cipher suites from the default list
- Announcing Boomi Partner Connector
- FIDO U2F SSH/SFTP Keys Now Supported For SFTP Authentication
- Ensuring Accessibility: How Files.com Meets WCAG Standards
We have reduced storage pricing again on our top two plans, dropping the price to $0.10/GB on our top-tier Corporate plan and offering $0.20/GB on our middle-tier Business plan.
If you are already on the Corporate plan or the newest version of the Business plan, you are already receiving the new pricing.
As part of this change, we have made a minor change to our terms of service regarding storage calculations. We will now add in to the calculation of your total usage a 64kb "overhead" for each file stored. The 64kb overhead is to account for the storage costs of metadata such as logs, behaviors, permissions, and notifications associated with each file, as well as overhead costs that are passed through to us by Amazon S3.
Adding an overhead into storage calculations is common industry practice and for most people will result in no impact at all to their bill. The overhead will only materially affect a very small number of our customers that store with us hundreds of thousands or millions of tiny files.
Even with the addition of the overhead calculations, the net impact of this pricing change is a 15-20% reduction in per-GB pricing for the overwhelming majority of our customers.
A good thing indeed!
We hope that the price reduction enables you to store even more data with us!
Get Instant Access to Files.com
The button below will take you to our Free Trial signup page. Click on the white "Start My Free Trial" button, then fill out the short form on the next page. Your account will be activated instantly. You can dive in and start yourself or let us help. The choice is yours.Start My Free Trial