Welcome to the Documentation & Reference Center for Files.com.
It is a priority of ours that getting up and running with Files.com is as easy for you as possible. In only a few minutes, we'll have your account set up, and you'll be on your way to transferring and sharing files, and enjoying our platform features!
To get started, follow these 6 simple steps:
- After you sign up for your trial, the first step is to login to your account. If you can't remember the password you chose during signup, you can reset your password.
- From the main navigation pane (on the left and vertical in a large browser window, along the bottom in a mobile browser) click the Files icon. To upload a file, simply drag it into the browser window or choose the Upload button. Remember that you can organize everything into folders — just choose New folder.
- You can also change the view of this list of files and folders by clicking the different view buttons found in the group in the upper right corner just below your user name. The default view is list mode. Click the button to the right to see a list with file icons. The next button to the right will show your files and folders in grid view. If you are logged in as an administrator, or you have history permission to the current folder, you will see a fourth button to the right that looks like a clock. Click that to see the history log for that folder.
- Next click the Settings icon, and click the Users tab. Create any users you would like to grant access to your account. Any setting you're not sure of can be left at the default. More information on users can be found here.
- Next click the Files icon again, then click the permission button to the left of the Region (find the flag) and Folder settings buttons. You will find them in the upper right corner just below the view buttons. From here you can assign permissions to the folder you're in for any of your regular users (site administrators automatically have full permission to everything). More information on permissions can be found here.
- Customize the look and feel of your web interface by going to Settings > Site Identity. Upload your logos and choose your company colors to brand the look of your interface.
Remember that the web interface is only one of many ways to connect to the Files.com platform. To use an FTP program, you can follow our guide here. You will also find more options in the links under Integrations.
Make sure to check out the rest of what the Files.com platform offers. Follow the links in the sidebar of this documentation center. If you find yourself stuck, don't hesitate to contact us for help.